YOGA Safari Retreats in Africa
June 13, 2017 Amboseli, Lake Nakuru and Masai mara
Pictures and descriptions just don't do the experience justice.
You need to talk to us and then experience it for yourself.
Kenya is the home of the Safari. The lure of Kenya has always been the same, the sheer variety of landscape, wildlife, human cultures and experience. For over a hundred years Kenya has attracted adventurers and romantics from all over the globe. This has been the setting of some of history’s greatest adventure tales. This is the home of Out of Africa, a place where setting out on an adventure into the wilderness became an age old tradition. The spirit of the Safari lives on today. The romance of sundown drinks and of evenings around a campfire with the distant roar of a lion in the African night is found in Kenya. Everyone should have the opportunity once in their lifetime to stand on the great plains of the Masai Mara Serengeti to witness one of the last major migrations on planet earth. Mix this with two yoga sessions a day and the luxury accommodations of authentic Africa of days gone by, and you have more than hundreds of great images, but an experience of a lifetime.
The breathtaking scenery and views of East Africa offers the ideal environment for inspirational yoga practices. Lynda emphasizes deep spaces of calm and connection with the land through mindful movement, meditation and pranayama, guided and inspired by the rich imagery of the natural wilderness. Participants will wake each morning to a yoga practice that awakens and focuses the senses for their amazing day’s exploration and will close the evening with a practice for surrendering into balance and relaxation.
- Create a Mala from locally made beads.
- Visit the local Masai village and school and practice yoga with the school kids.
- Morning meditation.
- Awakening the senses yoga practice.
- Journal your thoughts, inspiration, insights and special moments. A practice of awareness.
- Enjoy two yoga sessions per day, tailored to any level of practitioner.
- Explore the Eight Limbs of Yoga.
- Game drives in 4x4 Land Cruisers/Accommodation in luxury camps.
- Visit Lake Nakuru a Black and White Rhino Sanctuary and a Ornithological paradise.
- Visit Masai Mara one of predator rich areas in Africa.
- A chance to Witness the greatest wildlife spectacle on Earth! The migration.
- Spending your yoga retreat on the great plains of Africa=Priceless.
- Luxury accommodations, five star dining, pool, bar, gluten free and vegetarian options.
- Interaction with the Maasai culture.
- Amazing wildlife.
- Twice daily yoga experiences.
- In the Serengeti the Wildebeast migration.
1. Explore the day by day itinerary in Amboseli. Don't hesitate to call and we'll tell you all about it!
Secure my reservation
- A 30% deposit. Please make your reservation at least 3-6 months in advance.
- Deposit is non-fundable due to security deposits made for reservations.
- Payment may be made by check or direct transfer to Kosen Safaris account at Wells Fargo credit (card payment will attract a 3% charge).
- Maling address: Kosen Safari Africa 1409 Bel Air Drive in East Wenatchee, WA 98802
- If you are a Yogachelan student you may drop off your check made out to Kosen Safari Africa at the studio.
- View pictures and video at https://kosensafaris.com/
- Read about Lynda E-RYT, BS Kinesiology, BS Clinical Psychology...
- Information regarding shots, visas, travel, clothing, etc, will be sent as we close the reservations.
- Any questions at all, please give us a call. Kosen 509-881-5067 or Lynda
Join us for Yoga in the Wilds of Africa!
Lynda and Kosen